Throttle Pedal Seems Wrong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbmoehl

Reaction score
Just started in on a new to me '92 C1500 Suburban and among the many issues to be solved i think the throttle pedal looks off. It seems like there might be a spring and/or some stops missing, but i can't find a picture of how it is suppose to look. The pedal sits on the floor. I've read on here that the pedal itself might be bent. Here are a couple of photos. Curious to what your thoughts are.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, probably bent from trying to mash it with a stuck throttle shaft. Everything in the pics is as it's supposed to be. The only spring is the return spring on the TB. That little pin sticking through the elongated hole in the mounting plate is a limiter to control how high you can lift the pedal. If the cable end geometry looks right then bend the pedal end after you get the TB freed up.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You can remove it, put it in a vise, and bend it back so that it takes up the slack at rest. I had to tweak the pedal on my Monte Carlo so I could get into the secondaries before the pedal hit the carpet. Was off just a smidge.