The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
You will need to get the 88-94 door cards with everything... Handle and lock rods, the lock and window motor/regulators are riveted to it so you'll get those anyway, but there shouldn't be a problem with bolting the inner metal to the door as the outer door skin for the GMT400 lineup is pretty much the same start to finish.

Ando069

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay I'm giving up on the idea of keeping the 88-94 door panels. I have already put on the 98 door panels and they look okay (i'll deal with the buzzer button with the wire nut trick). My question is the wiring between doors.. i'm having a hell of a time finding the harness.. any help with links to the harness? Everything i'm seeing is for doors (i think)..

Ando069

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea so i have a schematic for my 98 power doors... I dont want to blow anything in my door.. from what i'm reading to "test" powering up the driver and passenger doors... I hook up 12v to Yellow... and Ground the Brown.
I do have a question, I have a brown wire hanging off my light switch... that i noticed when i changed it out... i'm guessing brown from both door harnesses can be run up to that switch to be GROUNDED?

attached here is my marked up schematic.

Attachments

• 1998 c1500 power door schematic-marked.jpg
    1998 c1500 power door schematic-marked.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 4

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
That brown wire circled is for the lighting... Black is your ground and, for the windows, it only exists on the driver side because the driver side switch provides the return for the passenger side. Remove either side switch, passenger windows will not work at all.

Ando069

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That brown wire circled is for the lighting... Black is your ground and, for the windows, it only exists on the driver side because the driver side switch provides the return for the passenger side. Remove either side switch, passenger windows will not work at all.
duh.. so dumb i didnt account for the switches lighting up.. so in theory.. If i run power to the Yellow and ground it... i should get some action on the driver side window..

one last question when these shematics reference right and left... that while your sitting in the car correct Right-Drivers left passenger... i think i know this just making sure..

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one last question when these shematics reference right and left... that while your sitting in the car correct Right-Drivers left passenger... i think i know this just making sure..
Correct and incorrect :Big Laugh:

Drivers side is left.
Passenger side is right.

Reaction score
I have a '99 Suburban. I want to put a bench seat up front. What trucks can I source them from? Post facelift Suburbans I imagine are fair game. What about pickups? Single, extended, crew...are they all compatible?