Th400 rattle noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wasted wages

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an update for anyone who sees this thread. The torque converter swap fixed my issue fortunately so the trucks back up and going I've also done a filet fluid swap just in case. The pan was clean as was the fluid so I believe the converter was caught before it became a bigger problem.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an update for anyone who sees this thread. The torque converter swap fixed my issue fortunately so the trucks back up and going I've also done a filet fluid swap just in case. The pan was clean as was the fluid so I believe the converter was caught before it became a bigger problem.
Just had a Chrysler 904 come in with a catastrophic torque converter failure...When I spun the converter on the input shaft it sounded like a box of rocks, lol. Sent shrapnel throughout the unit, had to replace literally half the hard parts in the transmission including the pump, valve body, both gear sets (those were heavily worn independent of the converter failure) a direct drum clutch piston and reverse drum - all were heavily scored/scarred by the shrapnel beyond repair.