Temu air filter directly to gm5 turbo inlet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Angelo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen some builds with air filter mounted directly on the turbo intake, but wondering if that would produce too much heat on the mounting surface if it's made of Chinese rubber material.

I ask bc I found this air filter on temu https://share.temu.com/VTA9LW9mZVA
And I think it would fit the 3" air intake on the 6.5's turbo directly, but I wonder if it would disintegrate after some time. It would save $250 on a kn filter intake but I don't wanna try something that's gonna cause damage.

If I found one from a reputable brand is it ok to mount directly to the turbo? My whole system is stock.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only way to really know if it's safe would be to measure the temperature of the turbo inlet housing. Regardless, it's not a great idea because engine bay air is hot, and hot air doesn't compress as gooder as cold air.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's because cooler air has higher density , more oxygen molecules per square inch. Not compressibility. Barometric pressure.

95burban

Friends don’t let friends use spindles.
Reaction score
You can, but I wouldn’t trust a temu filter. Find a good name brand filter or try a make a Napa BHAF work (google it) probably won’t make any difference in power but you can hear the turbo and that’s worth it.