Tbi advice needed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wasted wages

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I haven't messed with tbi in years so I'm a little rusty so please bear with me. Now here's what I have going on I have a 88 k3500 that was carb swapped at some point and the original wiring harness was toast. With this said I have built a new engine for the truck and decided I wanted to put tbi back on it. I have a brand new harness installed and grounded correctly according to the instructions. I have a brand new esc iac TPS the map is not new. The distributor is brand new I have a 30 psi max pump with a minimum of 12 psi. The ecm is for a 87 k20 with th400 to match my drivetrain. My tbi is also from a 87. Here's my issues the truck idles pretty good but when revved up it seems to hesitate and seems kinda weak to me. It's not backfiring and once it clears up it'll rev to 5200 rpm. It seems fine when the throttle is blipped it's when it's sustained throttle from 1500-roughly 2500 rpm that is hesitates. I have the current base timing set at zero with the port disconnected. I'm sure it's something simple but it's driving me nuts.