Tailgate issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A previous owner of your truck went out of their way to do it wrong.
The members on this forum are very generous and patient dealing with things like this. I say this because I see a person asking for help without doing any of the basic research before engaging in a technical discussion. When I see someone struggling with simple symmetric parts and the proper orientation for installation, it’s concerning. Unable to make sense of what’s in front of them and how it functions. Fear of changing anything due to the lack of basic knowledge of how the system operates. That’s when the vehicle should be taken to a mechanic for all repairs (brakes, steering, etc.). As for whoever installed the parts previously, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they were suffering from a visual disturbance known as Reversal of Vision Metamorphopsia (RVM) - objects in the right visual field appear upside down and the left visual field appears tilted or vice versa. Scenario “A” would explain the install.

Attachments

• IMG_7774.jpeg
    IMG_7774.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 3

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The members on this forum are very generous and patient dealing with things like this. I say this because I see a person asking for help without doing any of the basic research before engaging in a technical discussion. When I see someone struggling with simple symmetric parts and the proper orientation for installation, it’s concerning. Unable to make sense of what’s in front of them and how it functions. Fear of changing anything due to the lack of basic knowledge of how the system operates. That’s when the vehicle should be taken to a mechanic for all repairs (brakes, steering, etc.). As for whoever installed the parts previously, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they were suffering from a visual disturbance known as Reversal of Vision Metamorphopsia (RVM) - objects in the right visual field appear upside down and the left visual field appears tilted or vice versa. Scenario “A” would explain the install.
Yup that's something I've experienced when working on stuff that's "upside down".... which way do you turn the bolt to get it loose? Have to stop and think about it.