Tailgate issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Yeah.. just because it was that way when you got it, and it worked for a while, doesn't make it correct. They are definitely installed incorrectly, and are beat-up. The pics and info everyone has provided show you how they -should- be.

Richard

Deuce95

Reaction score
Swapped them around, now I have a new problem. They catch so good I just about can't get the passenger loose.... Not enough travel on the latc, it will clear if I put some pressure on the tailgate twords the driver's side

Deuce95

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

After the swap. Did a little more tweaking with the hammer on the passenger side, working much better hopefully it'll work until I get some new ones. Appreciate the information.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score

After the swap. Did a little more tweaking with the hammer on the passenger side, working much better hopefully it'll work until I get some new ones. Appreciate the information.
The bolts are still in the wrong places but it may not matter that much; I've never swapped them backwards like that myself. The bolts you have in the upper position are meant to be in the lower spot; the round head and the slot is for the cable to slip over and hook on. Give it a shot - if nothing else, it should help the cables move easier throughout the swing of the tailgate.

Richard