Tail light issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Unactive1

Reaction score
Aight heres whats going on .... Before new parts, only the parking light on passenger side rear tail light not working. Turn signal works, brake light works. Drivers side works like its supposed to. Figured it was the socket piece on tail light, replaced both and still same thing. So then i ordered new harness. Installed it and still have no parking light on passenger rear tail light, the turn signal and brake light works. Any ideas ?

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you check your ground on the drivers side of the frame? If that’s good you might need to test wires at the harness plug.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where is the ground on the drivers side? Like up towards the engine or way in the back?

I’m having similar issues

Unactive1

Reaction score
Self fixed. Cheap made light socket pieces. Prongs for harness plug didnt align just right. You can see where they dug in. Gently bent prongs to space them out so it would connect properly.
You must be registered for see images attach

Unactive1

Reaction score
Where is the ground on the drivers side? Like up towards the engine or way in the back?

I’m having similar issues
Grounds were good. Had just installed new harness and had to drill 2 new holes for them. Ran a continuity tester on old harness and it didnt have continuity from where it spliced together in harness to passenger tail light for the parking lights. The harness plug was bad at tail light is what the problem was.