Suburban 99 Vortec 7400 swap 0411 missfire issue (RESOLVE)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ali32109

Reaction score
Bad news i bricked my ECM when trying put the new OS, good news i found way to reset the ECM to factory and did I wrote the factory OS for now.

Now I'm trying to change to new OS but i can't there is error as show below also will attach my turn file as txt change it hpt to work

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 4
  • new 5.7 OS V1.txt
    238.4 KB · Views: 1

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bad news i bricked my ECM when trying put the new OS, good news i found way to reset the ECM to factory and did I wrote the factory OS for now.

Now I'm trying to change to new OS but i can't there is error as show below also will attach my turn file as txt change it hpt to work
You can't just write the calibration when the current OS and new OS are different. You need to "Write Entire"

ali32109

Reaction score
Good news issue resolve , i was able to run the car for now it seem okey,
If anyone pass for same issue|
I was trying use stock 0411 OS which was for Tahoe 5.3, i did download new OS for express van 2002 5.7 and did change require for my vortec 7400.
when write new OS on hp tuner select Write Entire, i did that with uncheck use high speed

Thanks everyone

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news issue resolve , i was able to run the car for now it seem okey,
If anyone pass for same issue|
I was trying use stock 0411 OS which was for Tahoe 5.3, i did download new OS for express van 2002 5.7 and did change require for my vortec 7400.
when write new OS on hp tuner select Write Entire, i did that with uncheck use high speed

Thanks everyone

Hello ali32109,

Thanks for coming back to this thread and sharing that the solution proffered by BeXtreme
was the fix. By taking the time to do this the forum has yet another real-world data point that
helps to illustrate how to perform one of the critical steps to a successful black box to 0411 upgrade.

@BeXtreme, thanks for sharing your expertise. I've been researching upgrading my '99 454 from the black box
to the 0411, so I was really interested in this thread. The pool of talent runs deep in this forum. :waytogo:

Last edited: