Storage box bolt size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Here is a better shot
Those two go into the radiator support.
If you haven't done this already, the grille and left side headlight may have to be removed to get to these bolts. I know there is a bolt on the washer bottle that attaches behind the grille too.
That bolt is one reason why I haven't changed the washer bottle and installed the storage box on Burb yet.....

Attachments

• IMG_20240713_125805578~2.jpg
    IMG_20240713_125805578~2.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 3

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder if my core support is different since the washer bottle is on top for my truck?

Attachments

• IMG_4380.jpeg
    IMG_4380.jpeg
    358.9 KB · Views: 3

EJ_74

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah the box is sitting up too high on the engine side, should be level. The new bracket is probably not in the right spot. I would guess the one hole you found in the core support is not correct and you need to move it down and make two new ones.

You must be registered for see images attach

If you have not done so already, these holes...

...should go here.

Maybe it's just the picture, but this area on your fender does not look as flat as the other one. I think it could still be made to work though

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The core support homes were not in there correct, I was not aware I had to remove the left lamp for access. Once we did that everything worked out. Thanks guys!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The core support homes were not in there correct, I was not aware I had to remove the left lamp for access. Once we did that everything worked out. Thanks guys!
Good to hear! I thought it didn't look like it was sitting correctly, but didn't have a chance to take my truck apart and see what the issue could be. Thanks to @EJ_74 for helping both of us see the light!
I think Burb has all the correct holes in the proper places, but it's going to be later in the year(gotta be cooler and not raining all the time) before I get around to replacing the washer bottle and installing the storage box. I'll have to pull the grille, and since the collision repair shop didn't quite get the front clip back on Burb correctly, it's going to be an all day job. I need to readjust the passenger fender and that side of the hood, so it closes properly and doesn't hit anything. Also the door gap needs to be expanded, because the hinge pins and bushings need doing badly(and they didn't compensate for the added gap needed because the door isn't positioned right). Both front doors on both trucks need that job done!