stock exhaust with SAS interference questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glock20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
SAS on a 97k1500 extended cab short bed using ORD brackets and 89 ford kp 60

Tired of my loud and cobbled together exhaust and wanting a nice quiet exhaust from the manifolds back so I'm using new everything from walker. no headers just stock manifolds

going to use their listed y-pipe for a k2500 to get the 2.5" tubes. how much will this need to be modified near the spring hanger with the exhaust in the factory location? is this a matter of it being just kinda close to it, or will this pipe need to be cut and re-routed?

@b454rat said this in a different sas thread but i'm not sure if he was talking specifically diesel exhaust or not
Exhaust has to be mod'd regardless of what axle to use. The hangers are the same, just the drop of the axle.

not looking for exhaust recommendations (aside from how to mod the above system), rather some guidance on what specific issues I will face regarding factory exhaust placement and interference with the rear hanger of the front passenger side leaf spring

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can try to take a pic of what's going on. On my truck (454 3" pipes) there is no room for the stock exhaust. I got the truck SAS'd, so didn't do anything of that stuff, but the stock down pipe was cut couple inches below the O2 sensor, and dumps right on the bracket. With a small block might have more room, haven't done my Yukon yet so can't comment lol.....Any decent exhaust shop should be able to bend some pipes to fit.