Stock ECU temp/rpm/IAC behavior?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fuccillo111

Reaction score
Hi guys, first post here. I recently purchased a 92 gmc k1500 5.7 reg cab step side auto. Love this thing. I've recently built a 84 Cutlass and swapped a 5.3 ls motor in it and learned extensively about programing the ECU. Is there somewhere here that gets into the programing of the ECU of these trucks? Ex. Key on, IAC position vs coolant temp vs rpm etc? I find it interesting coming from modern equipment to older equipment. Thanks.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there somewhere here that gets into the programing of the ECU of these trucks? Ex. Key on, IAC position vs coolant temp vs rpm etc? I find it interesting coming from modern equipment to older equipment. Thanks.
There's some of us here that dabble in this stuff. Another site that gets more into the technical stuff is GearHead-EFI. I'd suggest going over there and learn how to manage/navigate TunerPro RT 1st. They have a section which addresses that. If you're not fully versed in components and operation of them, there's stuff over there too. ;)

Oh, and :welcome:

www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/forum.php

www.tunerpro.net/