Starting issues!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wayfastwillie

Reaction score
Here is my problem, I can go out in the morning and crank the truck right up. I can then immedietly shut it off and go to start it again and it will just turn over. So the only time it will crank right up is when it hasn't been ran in several hours. I checked the fuel pressure and it was running about 60psi. So I know I have plenty of fuel, and the truck runs and drives so I know I have spark. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! It is a 99 obs truck with 5.7.

Wayfastwillie

Reaction score
Also so whenever we hooked the fuel guage up it cranked. So sometimes when it doesn't crank I'll stick my finger in that shcrader valve and release some pressure. It seems to help but doesn't make any logical sense.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
undo the return line from the injectors to the tank put air to it and see if you hear it in the tank,that line could be clogged or collapsing from the inside out I went thru this last year after replacing the fuel pump and had to do the same as your doing to restart it after it had been running.One afternoon the pressure regulator let go and I replaced the spider injector since it was under warranty and 2 days later did the same thing.Thats when I ended up finding the return clogged with rust on the inside of the line due to it rusting from the inside out.

Wayfastwillie

Reaction score
Thanks man, really appreciate the info. I'll check it out when I get to my buddies shop