SkyHighColorado's 94' White Z71 Build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Any suggestions to remove this LCA rear bolt? I have tried many things with no success. This the the biggest PITA bolt I have ever worked with. It is stuck inside the bushing I am guessing. I got the nut off and the bolt turns, but not easily. I tried hitting it with a mallet while turning it with the impact and it just refuses to move and looks slightly bent. Any help will be appreciated, I am thinking of grinding the head off and using a punch to knock it of the other way. Or if that doesn't work I was thinking of drilling it out.
You must be registered for see images attach

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your end link is in a bind, just loosen the other side and maybe the u bracket bolts so the bar can move freely. Once you can get the end link straighter it should come right out. You did get the bushing out from the bottom of the lca too right?

For the LCA bolt try some penetrating oil and/or a little heat too.....

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Yea I got that end link out once I unscrewed the other side. Its that LCA bolt that's stuck now. I guess I'll try heat maybe it will melt the bushing.

Update: spent the entire day cutting and drilling the bolt until my friend and I could pry the arm out with an extreme amount of force. Went through a ton a drill bits and wd40, but I am glad its out. The bolt has seized to the inner sleeve of the bushing thanks to 4wheelparts not using any anti seize! I'm exhausted now to say the least.

Last edited:

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Some more goodies came today:
Complete Moog front end, just waiting for the backordered idler arm bracket to arrive!

Plus much more upgrades. I have some work to do!

And this is what she looks like at the moment. :(

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I would have to separate them from everything else I ordered to figure it out, but for the entire Moog front end ball joints brackets tie rods sleeves etc I estimate $400

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Some more goodies came today:
Complete Moog front end, just waiting for the backordered idler arm bracket to arrive!

Plus much more upgrades. I have some work to do!

And this is what she looks like at the moment. :(

How hard is the bodylift to do without a lift?

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
How hard is the bodylift to do without a lift?

So far it's pretty easy, I just keep running into stupid issues that are not mentioned anywhere on this site. I lifted the truck bed with my shoulder in the wheel well with no problems what so ever. I have a big 4x4" wood block to use on a floor jack to lift the cab up.