Seat belt buckle bolts stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheyenne95

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I appreciate it. I agree that the Snap On web site could benefit from more details.

Snap On is open now. Wasn't open last Friday night when I was sitting at the computer. Instead of being impatient, I should had just waited until today so I could call them.

I gave them a ring. Snap On says those two tool part numbers, GFTX500E and FTX500E, are the same tool with the former having the 'industrial' finish. I asked if there was a difference in strength, or what differences there are, if any. Answer was that it is a preference if you want the industrial finish or not. Oddly enough, the FTX500E on their website shows just the bit, not with the chrome socket like what I find on the used web site. For the chrome socket with the bit, have to use part number FTX47E.

They suggested using the GFTX500E because the tool application is listed as "Remove/install door strikers and seatbelt bolts". The FTX47E features reads, 'For use on GM® door strikers', doesn't mention seat belts. The FTX47E makes no mention of GM. Leads me to believe it is just a T-47. If the pictures are accurate, the GFTX500E is the only one that appears to have the square 0-degree shouldars. Looks like a Torx Plus or +P bit.

Snap On also said they do not have the 47 in Torx Plus at all. I find that perplexing. I'd like a Snap On tool for quality and warranty, but don't want to spend the coin for a non-P bit. I've already twisted a run-of-the-mill non-P Torx bit in an attempt to remove my seat belt fasteners.

If I learn more, I'll share it here.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
I've broken Craftsman torx bits on tailgate bolts.. so maybe Snapon is the path here.

Or, any decent brand that you can warranty locally, would be wise. Craftsman isn't as easy as it used to be, since Sears has gone defunct, and you get mixed results with warranty replacements at the current crop of Craftsman dealers. Seems like they're either intentionally obtuse, or just not trained evenly on the policy.

Richard