SAS K2500 99 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amrush2112

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that sucks. I'd absolutely love to have a Cummins in the black truck (99), already have 2 NV4500's, and all the parts to swap over. Just need to find the motor. But, like you said, the current economy has everything inflated so bad, I'd have to give a kidney or a leg to get one. But all of mine run, so for now gonna run em till the blow. I have an extra Vortec 454, so might get that rebuilt when they are all up n running. I'd say pull your motor, see what's wrong with it. It might be a simple fix. Never know till yah dig into it....
Yes I probably will. The rig is going to be a keeper and I am pretty much an old school rodder. But for now I need a driver for work and this one is not going to make it without major dissection. I think I will go through the 454 and use it for another street rod. Id like to find a 32 Ford or something fun like that and build it for a street rod. But ya never know what will come up. Lol. It's a sickness.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Well today was rough! Still waiting on brackets from ORD. They should be here tomorrow so today the headers I got from Summit Racing nearly killed me! They weren't fitting the engine right and after 4-5 times trying to figure it out by taking them off and on we figured out the header flange was hitting the outer head bolt on the head. A bit of grinding down on the flange and it bolted in. Overall they are great headers (have them on my 86K20) and they are solid. But I was sure cussing these Srant Eyed ******** for making these not fit the engine they were intended for!
By the way, awsome build it’s coming together nicely! Is the truck a big block? If so I’d be interested in the part number on a set of headers.