Saddly back again with more stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scornedlotus

Reaction score
As the title states were saddly back to stalling out, and I'm no where near home at the moment .

You must be registered for see images attach

Would anyone be able to tell me if this little part right here maybe my issue and if so whats it called where does the hose go and why wasn't it a problem the first 200 miles I drove the truck....

Ps edit... it was never there when I git the truck never stalled out the first 200 miles like I said.... but I did notice it was missing a hose and blows air through it.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHAT VEHICLE? WHAT ENGINE? (appears to be a small-block or V6 TBI)

That's the diverter valve for the AIR pump. When the engine is cold, it directs air to the exhaust manifolds. Shortly thereafter, it diverts the air into the air cleaner so the added air in the manifolds doesn't screw up the rich/lean readings of the O2 sensor; and overheat the catalytic converter.

That is not going to cause stalling.

Something else is wrong. Do you have spark when the engine stalls? What is the fuel pressure when the engine stalls?

scornedlotus

Reaction score

That's the diverter valve for the AIR pump. When the engine is cold, it directs air to the exhaust manifolds. Shortly thereafter, it diverts the air into the air cleaner so the added air in the manifolds doesn't screw up the rich/lean readings of the O2 sensor; and overheat the catalytic converter.

Something else is wrong. Do you have spark when the engine stalls? What is the fuel pressure when the engine stalls?
Not sure I don't have any tools with me I'll have to grab a fule gauge in the morning

scornedlotus

Reaction score
Not sure I don't have any tools with me I'll have to grab a fule gauge in the morning

Sorry forgot twice I guess this is the 1988 k2500 350 3/4 regular cab ext/long bed

scornedlotus

Reaction score

The problem has been answered.... it's was indeed not the fuel... but was a bad belt tensioner the belt kept slipping at idle causing the truck to stall.