Rear Sliding Glass Weatherstripping Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seymorey

Reaction score
I cannot seem to find a rear sliding window weatherstripping replacement for my ‘97 C2500.

It leaks like a sive when it rains with the original strip (that’s been sun shrunken) so I’ve put inappropriate weatherstripping and electrical tape there for the time being - it keep the water out 100% but still renders the rear window inoperable and is not permanent.

I’m not looking to replace the rear window assy or simply seal the slider shut.

Anyone have a source for new, appropriate weatherstripping?

Seymorey

Reaction score
I would have a glass shop install a non sliding window and be done with it. They will use the correct sealant adhesive
I do not want to do that. I want the rear window to open and close, as intended.

The upper passenger side rear window had a bad leak that I sealed up easily with “right stuff” sealant but, that wasn’t supposed to leak, nor open.

I could seal the sliding window shut with that same caulking, but I’m looking to keep it operable - and cheap!

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’ll have to keep looking then, cause the only one I’ve seen is the whole window assembly on LMC…and it ain’t cheap.

Seymorey

Reaction score
You’ll have to keep looking then, cause the only one I’ve seen is the whole window assembly on LMC…and it ain’t cheap.

That’s all I keep hearing. Replace the entire rear window or deal with the wet interior (and inevitable floor rot and mold).

Why, though? These trucks are still kicking around en mass. Surely there’s a market for a single piece of weatherstripping…

I can’t be the only one that has this problem with my truck.

89RCLB

Old Dudes Rule
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rear windows on these trucks are installed just like a windshield and, therefore, no weather strip kits available.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why, though?
It’s not the only part that’s not available, plenty of parts are discontinued and not available in the aftermarket as well. Look for something used, I saw a couple of whole assemblies on FB recently.