Rear cab mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
So was gonna do side steps on Huckleberry today. Of course and ohio truck is gonna fight me. Broke rear most passenger side bolt. So before I decide to tear out my rear seat (don't feel like sweating to death after already did 3 days in row for work) does anyone know if there's access panels in the back of the cab or am I gonna need my grinder? May hit up yard today as I'm bored, see if there's any ext cabs down there that are stripped out, maybe get lucky n get that stupid body nut thats hidden in the body while I'm there.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are two access panels behind the extended cab seat. One on each side of the cab. They just pop right out and you’ll see the nut welded to the floor and your stuck bolt.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
There are two access panels behind the extended cab seat. One on each side of the cab. They just pop right out and you’ll see the nut welded to the floor and your stuck bolt.
Awesome thanks. Guess ill.... ugh pull the seat. Sweatin is better than payin someone to do it.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks. Guess ill.... ugh pull the seat. Sweatin is better than payin someone to do it.
On my extended cab one also broke one on the rear. I tried to use an extractor from the top and failed. I cut the bolt about even with the floor on the underside and then used my extractor bit there and turned it out. Either way, I’m sure you’ll get it.

I didn’t pull the seats either - what a pain in the ass that was!!

VTSilverado

Reaction score
I prepared ahead of time by squirting WD-40 down on top of the welded nuts a few times the week before. I didn't remove the back seat. I just folded it down, lay on top and felt throught the carpeting for the two access panels. One was trapped under a seat mount. I just took a ten penny nail and piunched through the center of the access panels, right through the carpeting. The panels are plastic, I didn't drill because a drill would wind up your carpeting thread. The small punched hole was just large enough to pass the straw of the wd-40 nozzle. Squirted liberally. And Bob was my aunt's husband.

If you do remove seat and access panels you will also be removing the sealer/cement gunk they put the panels down with. Then you have to re-apply. With the tiny pinched hole, just screw a self tapper in there, if worried about it.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
I pulled seat n got out my mini air grinder. More updates in what did you do today post....