Rare paint codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It’s a 1992 Chevrolet, paint code I have via the vin number is 22/WA9656
Ahh.. "Bahama Blue Metallic" - looks like sort of a light blue/turquoise-y color? Got any good pics you can post? I bet it looks great.

Can't say I've seen a bunch in the lighter blues but there was a 1992(?) model forever ago that got traded in at a Chevy dealer I was at, was a light blue that looked really sharp.

My buddy Dan had his '99 painted a similar color though I think it's a bit darker. Not a factory color for any year GMT400 that I'm aware of; they used a color they already had at the wrecker shop from painting the boom on a heavy duty wrecker.

You must be registered for see images attach

That was a truck I put together for him (engine swap, interior swap, replaced fender, bumper, hood, door, etc.) and then the wrecker shop he worked at chopped down a flatbed from another truck to fit, and painted everything. Came out pretty good IMO. From this mess (some work already started in this pic)

Richard

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey I know this is an older forum, but does anyone know how rare the paint code WA9656 is, I can’t find many GMT400 trucks painted it around my area, let alone my province

Looks a lot like my color, which I have seen listed as the Bahama blue metallic as well as bright blue metallic. Depends on the source. My RPO sticker is pretty much a wreck.
Rare, yup.
And this one is definitely in "your" province!!
An hour north of you.
Only seen one like mine, about 25yrs ago.
And seen a fleet side one turn off the highway into Morinville last summer.