quick disconncet on rear heater core

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onspeed

Reaction score
Just wondering how these are supposed to be removed. Do I use something like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's a picture of what it looks like. I think it's just like the quick disconnect that's on the intake manifold.

You must be registered for see images

not my photo.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the heater core? Theres the one on the water pump, and one on the rear of the intake (350 TBI) I think the Vortec is the same.....

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually some needle nose pliers and a small pick. You have to depress both tabs and then pull it out. Can be quite a chore if it's old.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

onspeed

Reaction score
Its the rear heater core on a suburban.

I usually just use pliers and a lot of force but I wasn't sure if there's a proper tool to remove that will make it easier. i always end up breaking them too.

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe there is a tool specifically made for those connections, but I have always had good luck with a good set of pliers and a firm grip.

If the piece is old, expect it to pretty much fall apart. The replacement is cheap though and usually available anywhere for cheap

onspeed

Reaction score
The rear heater hose is a special line though. Goes from a metal pipe into a rubber pipe back to the metal connector that's pictured. I could just cut the line and replace with a rubber hose, in fact, I think that might be less work than playing with the stupid quick disconnect.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Problem is you're thinking it's a quick disconnect. It's a quick connect. Designed solely for ease of assembly when the truck is being built new; not meant to make servicing it any easier. In fact usually makes it much more difficult, as you're finding.

Richard