Pcv valve?? Can someone tell me what this part is called. Please and thank you

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHAT VEHICLE? Engine appears to be either a Small-Block (305, 350) or a 4.3L V6.

I don't see anything like that mentioned when searching for "PCV" or "Crankcase Ventilation" in my '97 C/K service manual, in Book 1 OR Book 2.

Appears to be a secondary vacuum/flow regulator, that varies flow based on a vacuum connection that's been blocked-off on your truck.

That can't be good...

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not a part as such - just the part of the inlet manifold that the PCV system vents into.
On my Suburban, where you have a pipe blocked with a bolt, I have a small bore pipe leading to a HVAC control valve.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, there's another thread
www.gmt400.com/threads/what-hose-is-this-98-chevy-silverado-5-7-v8.52322/
where he posted the same question. The wisdom there is that this is not a C/K part, it's only on the SUVs with a heater control valve.
I can't quite tell if it is a 'part' or just part of the manifold. If the former then presumably removable.
I gotta say, I would not have expected the PCV system to be tied into the HVAC system...but I've been wrong before.
Merely sharing a source of vacuum - a conduit to the inlet manifold.

JDGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there's another thread
www.gmt400.com/threads/what-hose-is-this-98-chevy-silverado-5-7-v8.52322/
where he posted the same question. The wisdom there is that this is not a C/K part, it's only on the SUVs with a heater control valve.

I gotta say, I would not have expected the PCV system to be tied into the HVAC system...but I've been wrong before.
GM Part description: Cover, PCV VLV(INCL SEAL)

GM PN 12556521 (2 port), AC Manual CTRL RPO C60, various models/eng 1996-2007

GM PN 12552752 (1 port), EXC AC Manual CNRL RPO C60, various models/eng 1996-2007