old style air cleaner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 97 with a 305 vortec and I dont like the factory power robbing tubbing. I love the look of old air cleaners but my tbi is way too close to my a/c compressor... any ideas??

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
good question on the 97.

I'm doing the old style(open element) on my 88 which is tbi.

Maybe one of the aftermarket cold air kits? smooth tubing and a cone filter?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man a few year's ago there was a company that was selling an adapter to convert to an open element style breather on the Vortec motor's, but I would bet they are out of business by now.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder if the offset hei base's would work just offset it towards the back instead of front? I know they have the offset air cleaner studs I just ordered one but that don't help the air cleaner itself lol.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
on the vortec the only thing i could think of would be some adapters and piping into a cone filter.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah I really want an open element... I had to offset the air cleaner on my 73 GTO so it was in the center for my shaker... so I wouldnt mind that... I hate cone filters with a passion, so thats out of the question. Idk what I would do with the MAF... just trying to get ideas... I wouldnt even mind some oem looking piping going to an airbox with a k&n flat filter... just not a cone...

Just gotta ***** up my old goat (my first car) and my old mans new Camaro is settin in the back

Attachments

• new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 6