Vortec 454 air cleaner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The A1301C is apparently discontinued.

Dang it... I was just thinking the other day that I should probably do air filters in both of my '97s. Might have to try and get a couple of these while there's still some stock lingering.

I can confirm that they haven't had the foam wrap in many years though. I've been running the A1301C "K47" filters in both of my '97s for probably the last decade or so and none of them had it.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever run the HD filter, since I had filters that could be cleaned. When I finally decided to get rid of the re-usable filters, I bought the standard duty filter. My filters don't seem to get very dirty around here. I can go years with them still looking fine. Right now, I've got a Denso filter, that Rockauto doesn't seem to carry anymore.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine last for a long time too, I only run the HD filters because in my mind more surface area = more airflow = more potential power. Not sure if it makes any difference in practice but hey, every little bit counts.