Old floor jack no longer holds. Time for a new one.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you break something or does it need new seals? We did rebuild jacks every few years, orings wear out.
Not sure, but it wasn't maintained, at all. I suspect the seals, except for the metallic snap, which I suppose could have been the frame hitting the top of the jackstand when the jack let go.

I also looked for replacement seals, but couldn't find any. Shipping time would mess me up. I need the jack by tomorrow, as the Subdivision is dead in the water as it sits, and needs to be ready for next week's trip to the mountains.

This little project started out as replacing the spray skirts, and figured I'd also torque the lug nuts to spec while I was at it. The best laid plans...

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What bad timing. HF was having 20% off any single item over Memorial Day weekend.

I’d probably get the Daytona and grease it right away after buying it.
I'm thinking the Daytona is the way to go.
I've been thinking about the Daytona Super Duty:

I seem to recall that one being the Snap-on lawsuit model but I forget the specifics.
Hadn't considered the Super Duty, but it's also low profile (for my HHR SS), and has a pretty good lift height.

Daytona hands down.
I'm sensing a trend here.
Yeah, I got the Daytona recently because I needed a jack with more throw. It's a good jack. Not much else to say about it. Lifts about 6" higher than my 35 year old Craftsman which has never been greased or maintained a day in its life and still works.
Yeah, I like the height.
Snap-On sued Harbor Freight for infringement basically - based on looks and performance I think. Then HF said that the jacks were made in the same factory in China.
Did not know that.

The Daytona Super Duty is in stock, so I'll pick one up in the morning.

Thanks, all!

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Daytona Super Duty is in stock
I'd love to have one of these. A mobile mechanic had just the regular Daytona and it was nice. Space is often limited in my garage . The long throw of the handle and , I'm guessing the handle not pivoting could be an issue. As much as I hate the Big Red/Torin one I have, it works in tight quarters by being able to pivot the handle and just use a wrench to release instead of the handle when things are really tight.
What are some options people are using for tight quarters or does the super Duty and similar have the ability to work in small spaces?

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whatever you decide to buy, they are all made in China.
Before you use a jack or jackstand or ramps or engine hoists or engine stands or whatever skull crusher you are buying these days.
Take a very very close look at the welds first.
Then look for casting flaws.
Chinese steel is garbage and chinese welding machines and welding wire are garbage.
And the people welding chinese steel are not trained in any way.
I had my truck on the recalled harbor freight jack stands and it didnt even occur to me to look at them.
Undercut wire poking out and missing welds.
Im was a certified welding inspector and a structural steel project manager and it didnt even occur to me to look at those welds.
Because working on my shitheaps was a way to unwind on the weekends.
I left my brain at the office because I didnt want to bring it home.

Remodelmaster

Reaction score