ok long time lurker new chev owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malkintent

Reaction score
yeah im not interested in the vortec heads.
i understand the reasoning behind the swap but its not worth it for what im doing.
im not interested in power on this truck.
i want low end torque, no rpms above 3k, hell i dont even take it on the free way! lol

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you need 4.11's to get torque, I don't think an rv cam and all that 454 tbi injectors and all that crap is gonna fly with a stock chip, you're gonna need one burnt or it'll run like trash.

Higher compression heads aint gonna get you crap if they can't breath. You should just do flat tops and 350 heads, does the same thing bumps up CR.

You really want torque ditch the exhaust crap and run long tubes and duals, no y-pipe. or if you must run a y then do long tubes and then a y pipe. I aint been impressed with any torque convertor stall and all that crap I'd stick with stock and forget it.

malkintent

Reaction score
swims350 i agree about the trans im gonna stick to a stock trans with a shift kit and new internals.
from the 4 or 5 sites ive been reading the 305 heads and flat tops and exhaust, should be a stout stock runner, and only cost me Half of vortec swap and be about 50 hp less.