O2 sensor placement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm using the EBL FlashII but, you can hook the 0-5VDC signal wires to your PCM (like a 7427)'s EGR position input. You just don't run the EGR but, you have to data log and tune VE tables manually.

OMG I never thought of that or read about it... pump the WBO2 into the EGR position input and then log that parameter. Sweet.

In the EBL it'll do it automatically with the "Learn VE" utility. You just drive around and it'll adjust the cells on the tables. It can only adjust a maximum of 12%, then you flash that .bin and go back on a ride until you get it close to where you want it. After that you can "Smooth" the tables in TunerPro RT.

The last time I tuned the VE tables it was ~20yrs ago on my S10 V8 conversion. At that time I used "TTS Datamaster $0D" for data logging (using a NB O2) and visual interpretation of the data, then I tweaked the VE tables in an Excel spreadsheet and transferred them to TunerCat, then download into a ROM emulator.

Iterate, iterate.

I need to come up to speed on these newer tools :oops:

Times sure have changed. My hair has a lot more grey in it now.

Last edited:

F4U-1A

Hunting Season soon. Wabbits?
Reaction score
I'm using the EBL FlashII but, you can hook the 0-5VDC signal wires to your PCM (like a 7427)'s EGR position input. You just don't run the EGR but, you have to data log and tune VE tables manually.

In the EBL it'll do it automatically with the "Learn VE" utility. You just drive around and it'll adjust the cells on the tables. It can only adjust a maximum of 12%, then you flash that .bin and go back on a ride until you get it close to where you want it. After that you can "Smooth" the tables in TunerPro RT.

Here's an example of one trip
You must be registered for see images attach

After corrections and some smoothing...
Low speed up to 2000 RPM

High speed up to 6000 RPM

Here's an example of cruising. Note: I'm running both WBO2 and NBO2 in this one (See right side of chart)

Fun stuff :waytogo:
?????? My wife has passed out in front of the TV and The Flying Nun ( Sally Fields) just came on. So confused, so confused. Like your chart.