Nice set of quad sealed beams for sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to stop throwing things away! Next time I take a part off its going on here. You would be sick at the amount of OBS there is in the landfill because of me, and square bodys.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I need to stop throwing things away! Next time I take a part off its going on here. You would be sick at the amount of OBS there is in the landfill because of me, and square bodys.
We have four self service wrecking yards in Houston that I go to, and check their online inventory listings too. And there are other yards I haven't been to as well....if money was no object, I could chase parts and toys all day!

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Is there a video or directions for making the swap? Or is it pretty plug-and-play?
I think it is pretty simple. The biggest difference is the plugs for the lights. FrankieD61 has done the swap on his truck (actually twice because the first truck he put them on got wrecked, and he reinstalled the quad beams setup on his replacement truck). The best thing is if you can get the wiring harness, but that wiring harness is wrapped and mixed up in all the rest of the harnesses on the front end. I tried to get it separated on the truck that I got the more expensive set out of, but gave up after a while and just clipped the pigtails for each headlight bulb. There should be enough wire on each to tap into the existing harness in your truck. Basically you still have high and low beam on each side, but the connection is different from the composite halogen bulbs.
There may be a video on YouTube, I know there are a lot of them on repairs for our trucks. I've pulled up a few in the wrecking yards, trying to get directions on taking something apart....

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I think it is pretty simple. The biggest difference is the plugs for the lights. FrankieD61 has done the swap on his truck (actually twice because the first truck he put them on got wrecked, and he reinstalled the quad beams setup on his replacement truck). The best thing is if you can get the wiring harness, but that wiring harness is wrapped and mixed up in all the rest of the harnesses on the front end. I tried to get it separated on the truck that I got the more expensive set out of, but gave up after a while and just clipped the pigtails for each headlight bulb. There should be enough wire on each to tap into the existing harness in your truck. Basically you still have high and low beam on each side, but the connection is different from the composite halogen bulbs.
There may be a video on YouTube, I know there are a lot of them on repairs for our trucks. I've pulled up a few in the wrecking yards, trying to get directions on taking something apart....
The four bolts that hold the mounting assembly for each side, that has the adjusters in it, are in the same place. Same size bolts too. GM was good back then about engineering interchangeability. And in some countries where the US spec composite headlight was not in conformance with their vehicle codes, the quad beams were used well after 1988-89. The Holden Suburban, produced from 1998-2001, is but one example.

Jimmy D

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put a set of sealed beams off an 88 onto my 97 GMC. It was a piece of cake. I think I paid $35 or so for the set back then. A long time ago. I have given thought to putting them on my 91 Sportside but it's so original I'd hate to.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I just got these at the yard; the buckets need cleaning but the units are complete including the diffuser panels.

Attachments

• IMG_20240912_114156258.jpg
    IMG_20240912_114156258.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20240912_114159177.jpg
    IMG_20240912_114159177.jpg
    489.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20240912_114204606.jpg
    IMG_20240912_114204606.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 7