New tow rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake_Caulley

Reaction score
My 1999 k1500 Suburban has been slowly rusting away. Now the rust has reached critical mass and the truck needs to be replaced. I have wanted to ditch the SUV for a truck for some time now as we already have a Tahoe in the fleet.
I need a truck that can tow my 85 Corvette to the track and the Suburban just isn't it.
I LS swapped the Suburban last summer with the plan of finding another truck to move everything to later. My wife's reaction to "this truck is dying" was exactly what you probably expect: "why the hell did you put all of the time and money in to that swap if you knew it was a lost cause?!" Simple: I had an end game.
I found this: a 1994 K3500 with a very worn out 6.5 turbo diesel but no rust. (Score!)
You must be registered for see images attach

Towed it home last weekend as the transmission is very hurt. (Not a concern to me: I have a built 4l80e in the Suburban.) I've already started to remove the front clip in this picture.
My plan is a restomod. The utility box will be replaced with a fleet side box, all of my engine swap goodies will go in it, new interior as required, complete re paint (I'm thinking very dark almost black blue metallic) air bags in the rear with on board air and more as I dream it up. Basically a brand new 30 year old truck. (Ideally my last truck ever. My dream truck.)
The Suburban just has to make it through winter then I'll get the mechanicals moved over. I'll work on this one as I get time over the winter.
This will be a slow starting build bit should progress quickly next spring. I'll start a build thread once I start the real progress.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I am interested to see how this one turns out! Welcome to the Crew Cab Club..... this is mine. Must be the only one on here without a set of PY0s.....one day I'll find a set when I have $$$.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 4

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 1999 k1500 Suburban has been slowly rusting away. Now the rust has reached critical mass and the truck needs to be replaced. I have wanted to ditch the SUV for a truck for some time now as we already have a Tahoe in the fleet.
I need a truck that can tow my 85 Corvette to the track and the Suburban just isn't it.
I LS swapped the Suburban last summer with the plan of finding another truck to move everything to later. My wife's reaction to "this truck is dying" was exactly what you probably expect: "why the hell did you put all of the time and money in to that swap if you knew it was a lost cause?!" Simple: I had an end game.
I found this: a 1994 K3500 with a very worn out 6.5 turbo diesel but no rust. (Score!)
You must be registered for see images attach

Towed it home last weekend as the transmission is very hurt. (Not a concern to me: I have a built 4l80e in the Suburban.) I've already started to remove the front clip in this picture.
My plan is a restomod. The utility box will be replaced with a fleet side box, all of my engine swap goodies will go in it, new interior as required, complete re paint (I'm thinking very dark almost black blue metallic) air bags in the rear with on board air and more as I dream it up. Basically a brand new 30 year old truck. (Ideally my last truck ever. My dream truck.)
The Suburban just has to make it through winter then I'll get the mechanicals moved over. I'll work on this one as I get time over the winter.
This will be a slow starting build bit should progress quickly next spring. I'll start a build thread once I start the real progress.
I love it minus the LS part! Should be sweet looking though.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The steelies look so fuck1n great on your truck. Your truck is just perfect, hence Truck of the Year!
They're a bit heavy to remove and install, and I'm not getting any younger. Plus they'll run cooler around the brakes. You are right, the steelies do look good on a 400. Seen these on a few 8 lug square bodies too.