Need wiring diagram for instrument cluster on 1998 Chevy Silverado k1500 please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Greetings @Kurt Holzbacher,

Following ralmo94's directions, I opened Vol 1 of the '98 GM Factory Service Manual,
went to p. 856, and there was the connector, numbered, followed by the tables with
function, wire color code, and circuit number. He shared the screen snaps of these
pages in his reply, but depending upon the size/quality of the screen you are reading
this with, the smaller print may or may not be legible.

Fortunately, Adobe has the ability to 'print' 1 or more pages to a .pdf file. Of course there
are size limits on what we can post to this forum, but I've discovered that a 2 page .pdf
file is well within the limits. (See attached.) If you open this up, you should be able to
zoom in to wherever you need and easily read the diagram that ralmo94 identified.

Once you experience how easily the .pdf page displays zoom in and out so well, you can
see how helpful it would be to have your own copy of the '98 GM manuals on a laptop
or desktop. (Bonus points for driving a big screen from your computer, takes all the
eye fatigue out of stuff like this.)

Let us know if the attached .pdf file is what you are looking for. And if you are having
trouble with a particular circuit just post it here and we'll kick it around until we can form
a common consensus on how it operates.

Best of luck!
That is awesome. Thank you so very much. I really appreciate the help and great advice. I'm sorry it took me a while to get back in here. Man.... I can't say it enough... Thank you again!. Getting ready to start the wiring. Now with your help I will be able to do it. Here's a picture of the cluster I made... Used 1/2" acrylic and a few different brands like pro sport ECT... They are all digital. I'm pretty excited about finally having a instrument cluster again. I think the fuel gauge is the most daunting thing for me as far as wiring it up. And it working although I bought Prosports digital Pro Evo series. And they said it is set at the proper ohms.... So I got my fingers crossed . I know it's not the most professional thing. But I did it all in my living room drilling through half in acrylic didn't make wifey happy. Lol but I'm disabled after a hit and run motorcycle wreck. And can't stay standing due to a paralyzed left leg. And other things caused by the sob that left my wife and I for dead....I'm now able to get started thanks to you. I'm super excited

Attachments

• IMG_20240822_135758__01__01.jpg
    IMG_20240822_135758__01__01.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Should be in the service manual available here.

Volume 1 pages 856 & 857

Here is a screenshot, I don't know if you'll be able to read it or not
Thank you

Reaction score
Should be in the service manual available here.

Volume 1 pages 856 & 857

Here is a screenshot, I don't know if you'll be able to read it or not
Thank you

Reaction score
Greetings @Kurt Holzbacher,

Following ralmo94's directions, I opened Vol 1 of the '98 GM Factory Service Manual,
went to p. 856, and there was the connector, numbered, followed by the tables with
function, wire color code, and circuit number. He shared the screen snaps of these
pages in his reply, but depending upon the size/quality of the screen you are reading
this with, the smaller print may or may not be legible.

Fortunately, Adobe has the ability to 'print' 1 or more pages to a .pdf file. Of course there
are size limits on what we can post to this forum, but I've discovered that a 2 page .pdf
file is well within the limits. (See attached.) If you open this up, you should be able to
zoom in to wherever you need and easily read the diagram that ralmo94 identified.

Once you experience how easily the .pdf page displays zoom in and out so well, you can
see how helpful it would be to have your own copy of the '98 GM manuals on a laptop
or desktop. (Bonus points for driving a big screen from your computer, takes all the
eye fatigue out of stuff like this.)

Let us know if the attached .pdf file is what you are looking for. And if you are having
trouble with a particular circuit just post it here and we'll kick it around until we can form
a common consensus on how it operates.

Best of luck!
Thank you very much! I'm sure this will be perfect. I appreciate your help and everyone else's help too.

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is awesome. Thank you so very much. I really appreciate the help and great advice. I'm sorry it took me a while to get back in here. Man.... I can't say it enough... Thank you again!. Getting ready to start the wiring. Now with your help I will be able to do it. Here's a picture of the cluster I made... Used 1/2" acrylic and a few different brands like pro sport ECT... They are all digital. I'm pretty excited about finally having a instrument cluster again. I think the fuel gauge is the most daunting thing for me as far as wiring it up. And it working although I bought Prosports digital Pro Evo series. And they said it is set at the proper ohms.... So I got my fingers crossed . I know it's not the most professional thing. But I did it all in my living room drilling through half in acrylic didn't make wifey happy. Lol but I'm disabled after a hit and run motorcycle wreck. And can't stay standing due to a paralyzed left leg. And other things caused by the sob that left my wife and I for dead....I'm now able to get started thanks to you. I'm super excited
Looks nice, I was going to do something Similar, but decided to go a different route.

You should post a picture when it's installed