Need help sourcing quality aftermarket park & sidemarker lights and (maybe) grille - '97

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Don't assume that because you've found GM parts that they are old stock and made to prior quality levels. A lot of GM stuff is new or fairly new and has been farmed out to China.

The headlights on my 2006 Silverado are a great example of that, and they're trash. The first one I got, when I got around to adjusting it, the adjuster screw shattered immediately which was.. surprising. After some back and forth I managed to get it warrantied. Both headlights clearcoat went to crap in a couple years, way sooner than even some aftermarket stuff seems to. I still need to wet sand, polish, and re-clear them..

For the money I spent, I'm completely disappointed.

Richard

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't assume that because you've found GM parts that they are old stock and made to prior quality levels. A lot of GM stuff is new or fairly new and has been farmed out to China.

The headlights on my 2006 Silverado are a great example of that, and they're trash. The first one I got, when I got around to adjusting it, the adjuster screw shattered immediately which was.. surprising. After some back and forth I managed to get it warrantied. Both headlights clearcoat went to crap in a couple years, way sooner than even some aftermarket stuff seems to. I still need to wet sand, polish, and re-clear them..

For the money I spent, I'm completely disappointed.

Richard
I definitely don’t assume that and why I routinely look for legitimate NOS.
I scored a pile of NOS Headlights/Brackets, Taillights, Grille, Bumper mouldings, Door Handles…all for $200.00