My LS Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umwtnt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 88 RCSB truck and I had the opportunity to purchase an LM7 out of a 2000 Silverado with 120,000 miles on it. I picked up a 4L80E transmission and went to work. I pulled the 350 and 700R4 and sold them, luckily for the same price I paid for the LS and transmission. I had planned to paint my truck this past spring and decided to install the new drive train. I installed a BTR truck Norris cam along with new springs, valve guide seals and numerous other necessary seals and gaskets. Installed new input and output seals in the transmission. Using an adjustable motor mount's, I installed the pair into my truck and set it up where I could use my stock driveshaft, of course with a new output shaft on the driveshaft. After fitting everything I pulled them and prepped the engine compartment for paint using the same color that I plan on painting the truck this fall.
Install the package, using hi flow exhaust manifolds ran new 2 1/2 inch exhaust with Flowmaster FX mufflers and dumped them in front of the rollpan. Installed the swap harness and ran everything as clean as I could with loom. I had already installed an high pressure pump so I installed a Corvette regular with braided line. Install an TBSS manifold and ran 4-inch intake piping.
I sent my computer off the Mail Order Tuner in Texas, Had it back in a week and installed it.
I bleed the fuel system, and the engine fired right up. I have done some tuning to the transmission but other than that I'm very happy. My son has a 72 Chevy and has been bothering me to perform this swap for ages. I'm happy that I've done it now. There is no comparison to the 350 TBI.

You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Friggin awesome!!!!
I literally just pulled my 6.0 a few hours ago.
Interested in what mounts you used that allowed you to use your stock shaft with a 4l80.
That cover is cool, you or bought?

umwtnt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score