Mpfi upgrade reviews.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’d have to think a 96-97 that the MPFI was also designed for, the ECM can be reprogrammed.

It should be, but JET DST is the only currently available software I'm aware of that's compatible with the '96-'97 black box PCMs.

That said, I'd imagine that Black Bear could make the injector data changes for a '96-'97 if they had the proper information. They offer tuning services for the '96-'97 black boxes, so they must have access to JET DST or something similar.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should be, but JET DST is the only currently available software I'm aware of that's compatible with the '96-'97 black box PCMs.

That said, I'd imagine that Black Bear could make the injector data changes for a '96-'97 if they had the proper information. They offer tuning services for the '96-'97 black boxes, so they must have access to JET DST or something similar.
Yeah they already did mine, but I currently have a new Acdelco 217-3029 that eventually will go in. I agree they or someone can do this for a 96-97.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Probably TunerCats OBD2. I bought mine from someone that actually bought two complete packages from them. They agreed to transfer the software license into my name. Buy a definition file for a specific year and model and tune as many as you want. HP Tuners and EFI Live are pay for each VIN# or PCM serial number you license.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Probably TunerCats OBD2. I bought mine from someone that actually bought two complete packages from them. They agreed to transfer the software license into my name. Buy a definition file for a specific year and model and tune as many as you want. HP Tuners and EFI Live are pay for each VIN# or PCM serial number you license.

Interesting... I had always assumed that JET DST licensing was per PCM but based on what you say here that may not be the case. As I understand it JET DST is basically the same program is TunerCATs. I've only tried flashing changes to one of my '97s so far, although I suppose they could be different PCMs anyway seeing as one of them is a V6.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interesting... I had always assumed that JET DST licensing was per PCM but based on what you say here that may not be the case. As I understand it JET DST is basically the same program is TunerCATs. I've only tried flashing changes to one of my '97s so far, although I suppose they could be different PCMs anyway seeing as one of them is a V6.
I heard at one point JET became greedy and changed DST to per VIN as well.