Meet Gertrude

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alicesage

Reaction score
hi everyone! my name is alice and this is my work truck gertrude. she's a new to me 1994 k1500 with a 350 tbi, bought her a month ago with 175k miles for $5000 cash. little bit of surface rust but nothing serious. she's slow, smelly and built like a tank. she's going to be my daily driver for commuting across washington. i don't have much experience working on cars but i want to learn. i'm a welder and own some tools. i don't have access to a garage but i do have a walmart parking lot down the street and a lot of patience.

the old gal is having a few issues which is why i joined. the truck sat mostly unused for 4 years after the original owner died and is going to be my daily driver for commuting all over the state. the inside was super clean when i first bought it and the last owners replaced the transmission at 174,000 miles. i believe they also added a corvette servo. the leveling kit was installed somewhere in there too, unfortunately the sellers didn't have receipts for any of this but the title is clean and the truck hasn't had any accidents.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
looking forward to meeting y'all!

Last edited:

alicesage

Reaction score
far from ideal but i think i still got a pretty good deal. the original owner's grandkids made it their project truck after he passed but didn't get far before they all got married and started their own families. she runs well when she feels like it, which is most days. there were 2500s in better condition for cheaper but i just don't need that much truck.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
far from ideal but i think i still got a pretty good deal. the original owner's grandkids made it their project truck after he passed but didn't get far before they all got married and started their own families. she runs well when she feels like it, which is most days. there were 2500s in better condition for cheaper but i just don't need that much truck.
I am not saying the deal for the truck isn't great, far from it. I just always like to get paperwork. If they were doing the work themselves, there should be parts receipts. I would assume they did not do the transmission rebuild. Maybe you can contact that shop and get a copy of the work. The family should release the ok for you to do that.

Last edited:

Aqua-pig

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

The worst part of all of this is no paperwork for the work they claim.
It’s always cool when you find some pampered gem out there, that’s a pristine one owner, all the receipts, lived in a garage, on and on. But who honestly cares? Are you going to park it in a museum and brag about its impeccable service record? Probably not. You have a great start to a rolling project. All that matters is where you want to take it and what you want to do with it, from a project point of view. Looks like a perfect pick up to recreate and make yours! Welcome from, Oregon-again.