Mechanic says transmission won't go into park or neutral

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klockness

Reaction score
Long story short I've been working on my old 1993 1500 2wd but ran out of time and issues were over my head. We put a Holley Terminator X with transmission controller in because of electrical/ECM issues. I did take it to a Holley approved shop to diagnose no RPM and they replaced the distributor before this guy but they wouldn't do the labor (fuel pump) so I'm not sure yet what happened on the timing and firing order. It's a 4L60E. The truck sat for years just driving around my in-laws property. We took it home and would drive it around the neighborhood and to the gas station so it was going into gear just having lots of intermittent ECM issues. The truck was my first truck and we're trying to get it drive-able for my 16yo son but it's just turned into a ridiculous money pit at this point. I went to this mechanic because he said he's done a lot with the Holley systems.

You must be registered for see images attach

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
is the Holley system even compatible with the early 4L60Es (1993 & 1994)? they are different from the 96+. No doubt it's a money pit, I would have just left the stock injection alone very reliable and easy.

Last edited:

klockness

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It did get hot before this happened to maybe that's part of the issue. I wish I left the stock injection system but it wasn't reliable which is why I swapped it. That's an unrelated issue.

As far as compatibility I hope so, all the connections worked.