Looking for best ported throttle body for performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Busters

Reaction score
Looking for a ported throttle body for a 350 vortec, is it possible to maybe try and convert a ls one on to it or is 80mm the best out there? Or did I just grind and cut the **** outta my current one and measure and get a new inside tube instead of spending like 400$

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure the throttle body is the bottleneck?

GM made a big point years ago about the (Ramjet?--single 75mm venturi) crate engine using a stock-sized throttle body and still making reasonable HP numbers--351hp as measured on the Chevy dyno. My expectation is that a typical aftermarket dyno would show more than that because aftermarket dynos are "happy" (optimistic.) They don't use the modern SAE protocol including the corrections to the output.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A ported throttle body is a waste of money if you're trying to go faster. Lose the lip on the throttle blade if you want better throttle response. Otherwise start with a full exhaust and tune if you want a tangible increase in performance.