High Performance replacement throttle body only???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Wasn't there a TBI Corvette with two throttle bodies for performance?
If you're thinking of the Crossfire setup, it wasn't performance-oriented at all. It was two single-barrel throttle bodies. A few early F-body Camaros could be had with them, too.

You must be registered for see images attach

Not too many pics out there of the bare intake, but here's a small one:

Richard

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I agree with @L31MaxExpress I would rather have a tried and true sbc or bbc if I am going to do a modern swap it is going to be a 8.1 or 6.6 gas l8t I kind of like lq4/lq9 6.0s but I do not think I would use them for a hard working towing/hauling/pulling or offroading truck build now a street truck would be a different story or swaping into a car

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're thinking of the Crossfire setup, it wasn't performance-oriented at all. It was two single-barrel throttle bodies. A few early F-body Camaros could be had with them, too.

Richard
Yeah thanks, it was a while back , I think the idea was to convert it from 1 barrels to two each , two barrel TBI . I never heard if it succeeded. Probably not , if it did that would be memorable. LOL. :waytogo:

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Richard
The only thing good about those was you could take the top half of the manifold off, make an adapter plate and bolt a Roots blower onto them. I had one at one time with just that intention but a guy just had to have it. I got brand new Harley leather saddlebags out of it. Score!!!!!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The original Crossfire manifolds had zero performance potential. They were a nice, cross-ram design with runners about half or two-thirds the size they should have been.

There's a guy who had his own design of Crossfire manifold "Renegade" cast in small batches. Sold out, I don't think there are viable plans to make more.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my stock 5.7 throttle body modified by SPR Performance. They can bore them out but I left mine stock bore. Shaved air horns, new IAC, TPS, raised injector pods. I will also be adding an adjustable FPR.
I had them build one for me too - bored to 46mm, flow matched 61LB/HR injectors, "ultimate mods", 1/4" spacer, and an 18LB spring (running at 20PSI). I'm running it on my "383" which puts out ~430HP but, I'm only spinning it up to ~5800RPM. You can do a 50mm, from a 7.4L, with 5.7 (61LB/HR) injectors and a 20LB spring. You'll get enough flow for over 450HP up to ~6K RPM, IMO. The 7.4 injectors (17084304 74LB/Hr from 91-93) were too hard to get my 350 to idle. I needed a VRFPR with them so, I put them on the shelf and went back to the 61s. YMMV