Line adapters for R134a A/C Condenser?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadmaro

Reaction score
Hello, I am not sure if this is the correct sub forum for this, but here it goes:

1990 K1500 - converted to r134a
Trying to get the AC going again. Replaced compressor, lines and dryer. Worked fine for a couple weeks then condenser sprung a leak. I have read a lot about needing parallel flow condensers being needed for optimum cooling with r134a so I grabbed the condenser from a later model gmt400 suburban at the salvage yard. It bolts up just like stock but the threads are different than the line on my truck. Maybe metric vs standard because they are very close. Does anyone have a source for adapters or a correct line to use this condenser? So I need to toss this one and get something different? If so, what part number?

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am not sure if this is the correct sub forum for this, but here it goes:

1990 K1500 - converted to r134a
Trying to get the AC going again. Replaced compressor, lines and dryer. Worked fine for a couple weeks then condenser sprung a leak. I have read a lot about needing parallel flow condensers being needed for optimum cooling with r134a so I grabbed the condenser from a later model gmt400 suburban at the salvage yard. It bolts up just like stock but the threads are different than the line on my truck. Maybe metric vs standard because they are very close. Does anyone have a source for adapters or a correct line to use this condenser? So I need to toss this one and get something different? If so, what part number?

I wouldn't install a used parallel or serpentine flow condenser unless there was no other option. Neither can be effectively flushed of any potential debris remaining from previous failures, and with an unknown history, you can't be entirely sure what you're installing on your system. I'd recommend buying new, especially consider the price they go for.

You must be registered for see images attach

That said, neither my 97 Suburban nor my 98 Silverado have metric fittings, so I can only surmise that thread pitch may have changed between years.

Cadmaro

Reaction score
Neither can be effectively flushed of any potential debris remaining from previous failures, and with an unknown history, you can't be entirely sure what you're installing on your system.
I had never considered this aspect of it. I also had not considered Rock Auto for a condenser even though I buy parts from there occasionally. I will take a look and see what I can find