Laredo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
New wiper cowl (and, not seen, transmission linkages, windshield washer nozzles and 5/32" hose), wiper arms, and wiper blades. All Genuine GM components. Nonetheless, I had to gently bend the passenger side wiper arm to make the blade contact and conform to the windshield. Initially, it was ~1" away from the windshield.

Edit: In case anyone is wondering, I used J-B Weld 31319 Black RTV Silicone Sealant & Adhesive to seal the 4 outer screw holes. It seemed to be an ideal product for this application.
For some reason I would've never imagined new GM arms were still available, with so many parts discontinued these days. Thanks for prompting me to look into new parts.

I was ready to go hunt the boneyards for some hook type arms to replace the peg style on my '93, but everywhere I might go is at least a half hour trip or more one-way. So, I looked up the part #'s on GMPD, then just went to amazon to buy 'em. They'll be here Friday. :)

#15043064 driver side, #15043063 passenger side, for those wondering. $86ish after tax, surely cheaper if I just went for used ones other than the time and gas invested. Plus, gonna be nice springy new springs instead of 25+ year old ones.

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Soon. ;)

First I need to repair the leaking lower left water pump bolt.
Permatex Aviation sealer is what I used on Burb, 5 years and still no leaks. My cousin who is a third generation mechanic, said he uses it for things like this, and he learned that from Dad and Grandpa. I used it on the gaskets too.

GrimsterGMC

Thunder from "Down Under"
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Permatex Aviation sealer is what I used on Burb, 5 years and still no leaks. My cousin who is a third generation mechanic, said he uses it for things like this, and he learned that from Dad and Grandpa. I used it on the gaskets too.
That's my go to as well. And being very tacky it helps hold the gasket in place while you fit the cover back on.

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Booo! Leaks in something fresh like that is always aggravating. What did you use on the threads?
I purchased replacement bolts from a company/vendor that I am now unable to recall. Anyhow, thread sealant was applied to the bolts from the factory. I thought it would be sufficient. Obviously, I was wrong. I resealed the subject bolt threads with Permatex PTFE Thread Sealant. I'm told it works well.

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For some reason I would've never imagined new GM arms were still available, with so many parts discontinued these days. Thanks for prompting me to look into new parts.

I was ready to go hunt the boneyards for some hook type arms to replace the peg style on my '93, but everywhere I might go is at least a half hour trip or more one-way. So, I looked up the part #'s on GMPD, then just went to amazon to buy 'em. They'll be here Friday. :)

#15043064 driver side, #15043063 passenger side, for those wondering. $86ish after tax, surely cheaper if I just went for used ones other than the time and gas invested. Plus, gonna be nice springy new springs instead of 25+ year old ones.

Richard
Nice! :cool: Glad I could be of assistance.

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The leaking water pump bolt is officially repaired. Shortly after confirming it was no longer leaking, the hard line that composes the EVO delete kit sprayed fluid all over the driver side of the chassis. :fc5716bd: I immediately assumed the worst. Fortunately, however, it appears I simply failed to adequately tighten the fitting at the reservoir housing nut. This oversight cost me a couple hours of cleaning. Always something . . . .

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Question for guys: How much does your belt tensioner move, if at all, while your engine is idling? Mine has some minor movement back and forth, and I can't recall if it exhibited this movement prior to the teardown. All the pulleys are solid, so I'm hoping it's not yet another issue I need to address. Between having to repair the brake fluid leaks, coolant leak, and power steering fluid leak, I'm starting to lose my patience with this truck. :fca5278d:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question for guys: How much does your belt tensioner move, if at all, while your engine is idling? Mine has some minor movement back and forth, and I can't recall if it exhibited this movement prior to the teardown. All the pulleys are solid, so I'm hoping it's not yet another issue I need to address. Between having to repair the brake fluid leaks, coolant leak, and power steering fluid leak, I'm starting to lose my patience with this truck. :fca5278d:
I’ll check mine tomorrow.