Just got my copy of the service manual in; it's a bit bigger than I expected

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonlandrum

Reaction score
Yup! Dad had a four drawer heavy duty filing cabinet, that he kept most of the shop manuals in. 50s, 60s, 70s GM stuff. I've sold a few but still have some. Back in the day, Chevy had a "service manual" for most repairs, an "overhaul manual" for rebuilding components, and a Fisher Body manual for body and some interior stuff.
My '99 Burb has the set of four books (I'm missing #4) ; I think '98 was the first year of four books. Rawhide, being a '97, only requires two books (as pictured) and a separate transmission manual. I know these are on the forum in digital format but I am old school enough to want a paper manual in front of me when I tackle a new job....
Part of the reason why there are so many more pages, is there are a LOT of diagnostic sections, and so much more computer controls and sensors, the newer you get. We looked at getting the set of books for the 2006 Denali... until we saw they were over $300 for six volumes.
Oof, yeah, these were right at $300 with tax and shipping. I much prefer a physical book to a digital one. I just can't follow a digital book. I went to college late in life and I was one of the few weirdos with physical books.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oof, yeah, these were right at $300 with tax and shipping. I much prefer a physical book to a digital one. I just can't follow a digital book. I went to college late in life and I was one of the few weirdos with physical books.
Wow....that's actually not a horrible price for that much information.

And where would one procure such product?

Woman would probably strung me up by my toenails!!!
She still bitches at me because I have about 5 Rubbermaid totes full of old magazines in MY garage that I will NEVER get rid of, as long as I'm still breathing. Lol

jonlandrum

Reaction score
Wow....that's actually not a horrible price for that much information.

And where would one procure such product?

Woman would probably strung me up by my toenails!!!
She still bitches at me because I have about 5 Rubbermaid totes full of old magazines in MY garage that I will NEVER get rid of, as long as I'm still breathing. Lol
I found a seller on eBay that's an authorized printer of them:

I should have read the description closer, though, because it says clearly that it's 6000+ pages:

2000 Chevrolet & GMC C/K Truck (Early Version) Shop Service Repair Manual Book​

Published by the factory to provide information on diagnosis service procedures adjustments & specs there is none better. Loaded with diagrams & illustrations to help disassemble repair & reassemble various components.

Features​

• Factory Authorized Reproduction
  • 2000 Chevrolet & GMC C/K Truck (Early Version - Old Style)
  • approx 6232 pages [emphasis mine -jl]
  • 8 1/2 x 11 6.5L Diesel, 5.7L and 7.4L Gasoline only
  • Wiring diagrams