97 gmc yukon bad oxygen sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicksuspect

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
howa
howa
Hows it going guy's and gals. Hoping you guys can help me with a bit of a situation i got with my 97 gmc yukon 5.7. Let me give you a bit of info on his truck. I recently put a brand new crate engine from gm. Had no problems even now. With this check engine code popping up. Got a code p0161 which is for bank 2 sensor 2. Even now, with this check engine code truck runs perfect.No issues. I was hoping you guys can help me read the scanner. The first picture is the code. The second 2 pictures. Are the freeze frames off when the system failed. But I don't know how to break down what is showing me. The last picture is a live feed the thing I noticed is the volts on bad 2 sensor 2 is low compared to the others. I've never changed my downstream o2 sensors only my upstream. And my cats are new. In the gm manual is says the last thing to do is change the sensor but the first thing to check is the voltage.kinda wanted to know if the scanner is telling me the sensor is bad by the low and high voltage

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your reading the generated voltage of O2 sensor. The no 1 sensors input data for fuel mixture, part of multiple feeds for engine management. The no.2, aft sensors monitor cat health. And the pcm is watching all for emissions. It's most likely gotten old and tired, and lazy. They live in the exhaust, the worst operating environment. Throw in a new one. Fixed.

nicksuspect

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your reading the generated voltage of O2 sensor. The no 1 sensors input data for fuel mixture, part of multiple feeds for engine management. The no.2, aft sensors monitor cat health. And the pcm is watching all for emissions. It's most likely gotten old and tired, and lazy. They live in the exhaust, the worst operating environment. Throw in a new one. Fixed.
Yeah I kind of figured. I've noticed that a lot of you guys use bosch for your 02 sensors, but where I live the gm ones are still available. Am I better off with the gm ones?

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I kind of figured. I've noticed that a lot of you guys use bosch for your 02 sensors, but where I live the gm ones are still available. Am I better off with the gm ones?
I just bought 2 post cat Bosch and they were junk out of the box (stayed at .4v no matter what), replaced with AC Delco and they worked perfect.