Is it a Truck or a Car. My 68 El Camino

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never really thought about it. Probably a car since that’s what platform it was built on. I like them a lot, gateway classics has a seafoam green elco with early 80s aluminum corvette wheels on it. Looks badass.

My grandpa had a blue 66 elco. It was a 396 4spd car with AC. Back then it was normal, sure would like to have it today.

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice!

I saw this one a few years back, and if I were to own an El Camino, it's the body style I want. Dude had just bought it from his daughter, who had bought it from someone in her apartment complex, and he wasn't interested in selling. Not that I really need more projects.

You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice!

I saw this one a few years back, and if I were to own an El Camino, it's the body style I want. Dude had just bought it from his daughter, who had bought it from someone in her apartment complex, and he wasn't interested in selling. Not that I really need more projects.

You must be registered for see images attach
I don't think I've ever seen one with a front end like that..... interesting.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen one with a front end like that..... interesting.
73-75 IIRC. The Colonnade series of GM midsize cars were streamlined for homologation for NASCAR, which was becoming a big deal nationwide for GM, particularly Chevy. The Chevelle Laguna S3 is a prime example of this. In '73, Chevelle actually had an SS option for the station wagon, I know a guy on gmsb.com that has one!