Is it a Truck or a Car. My 68 El Camino

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My buddy in high school had a 1970 El Camino. Of all our rigs it was by far the fastest and held a roughly equivalent amount of people and beer as any of the real trucks did, but it couldn't get into some of our hangout spots.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats like a mid70s, not the best looking years for chevy cars.
You have no taste. :p

They made one called the Laguna SS
Yup, that's an El Camino Laguna. Way back when I was a kid I had one of those electric race tracks, and one of the cars was a Malibu Laguna. I thought it was ugly as hell at the time, but I have an appreciation for '70s cars now. At least they had styling, compared to '90s cars. I'm glad to see that in the 2000s manufacturers returned to having some styling.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Is it a truck or a car. I have my opinion. What’s Your thoughts. Here are some pics of my 68 El Camino Project.
C'mon. It's a car that can do some truck stuff. :)

My 2nd car was a '69 Chevelle, and my dad used to have a '60 El Camino when I was growing up (one of a bazillion vehicles he had.) That was a cool ride.

Richard

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a cruck! My dad had a 78 with a small block and a 4 speed. He also had an 80 Caballero Diablo that was a small block and automatic. That sucker was really nice and fully loaded. Unfortunately it was stolen about 12-13 years ago. It was recovered not long afterwards but dad just couldn't look at it the same and he sold it way too cheap.