intermittent no start till you cycle the gear shift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prius454

Reaction score
helping my buddy with his 90 c1500 350 . i was looking into his gear shift issues . the column shifter has to be pushed hard into park to take out the key , also needed the e8 bolts in the column tightened . so while i was in there we did the blinker and blinker cam . and now the intermittent no start is worse . if it does start i need to cycle the gear shift all the way down to low one and back up again to park and try and start it . i took out the neutral safety switch . cleaned it and then jumped it still there, replaced the fused link under the engine bay cover because it was corroded and the issue is still there . is this the ignition switch ?

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its almost always the neutral safety switch. Needs adjusted or its falling apart inside, but your said you jumped it so maybe your ignition switch? Doesn't sound right with the shifting you describe.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score