Interior Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I'm throwing around some ideas for my inteior for my 2012 spring build. I know it's along ways off but I don't have much to do besides scrape together parts and info so bare with me. I really like my moonies, and if I keep them I will def do the LED swap. My problem is I have to have a tach (manual trans), I would also like to have a boost gauge but it can go in the a pillar. I really don't want to have a big gauty tac hangin off my steering colum or dash. Sorry if you have this, I think it's a bandaid and not a real solution to not haveing a tach. I have looked into doing the swap to the new style gauges but I'm not sure I'd be happy with that either. So my options (in my mind) are either swap to the new gauges, or keep my mooines and put a raptor light in the vent. I wouldn't be able to see the RPM's but at least I wouldn't over rev the truck. Until I saw this guy's build.
http://www.454ss.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1221670831/3#3

His truck is pretty nice, some of it's not my style but all of it is very well done. Specially the interior. He relocated the A/C Controls to the stock equalizer location, built a center console and put cd player there, and mounted gauges galore in the stock radio and a/c position. Pic of said awesomeness. I'm not to keen on the gloss or the smoothness but I could take care of that with some satin black/textured paint.

You must be registered for see images attach

\

All together

I really like all the lines flow, it's pretty simple and I think with satin paint it would look almost factory. My question is how hard would it be to wire all this stuff up, seems pretty simple to me. It'd all just be standalone right?

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
!!freakin sweet nice job!!
how hard is it to move the hvac controls to the center of the dash.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dunno seems like it'd be pretty easy long as all the wires reached. I think that's my favorite part.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok so I'm throwing around some ideas for my inteior for my 2012 spring build. I know it's along ways off but I don't have much to do besides scrape together parts and info so bare with me. I really like my moonies, and if I keep them I will def do the LED swap. My problem is I have to have a tach (manual trans), I would also like to have a boost gauge but it can go in the a pillar. I really don't want to have a big gauty tac hangin off my steering colum or dash. Sorry if you have this, I think it's a bandaid and not a real solution to not haveing a tach. I have looked into doing the swap to the new style gauges but I'm not sure I'd be happy with that either. So my options (in my mind) are either swap to the new gauges, or keep my mooines and put a raptor light in the vent. I wouldn't be able to see the RPM's but at least I wouldn't over rev the truck. Until I saw this guy's build.
http://www.454ss.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1221670831/3#3

His truck is pretty nice, some of it's not my style but all of it is very well done. Specially the interior. He relocated the A/C Controls to the stock equalizer location, built a center console and put cd player there, and mounted gauges galore in the stock radio and a/c position. Pic of said awesomeness. I'm not to keen on the gloss or the smoothness but I could take care of that with some satin black/textured paint.

\

All together

I really like all the lines flow, it's pretty simple and I think with satin paint it would look almost factory. My question is how hard would it be to wire all this stuff up, seems pretty simple to me. It'd all just be standalone right?

Look's nice!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That's pretty nice, especially the way that he got the shifter to work with the console. The shifter...I want/need/want/need/want that shifter!!! Mmmm...Hurst s h i f t e r...!

YenkoST

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the compliments. Its a lot of effort and work to get it to all come out the way it did and I'm glad I had the patiences to do it all...it the end...it was definitely worth it to me.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that dash is hot. I am for sure painting mine now! I answer your curiosity and paint mine satin black. that hvac control is rockin, would like a writup on that.... to answer your question though, it should all be stand alone. im sure they're lighted gauges so one wire from your running lights. Welcome YenkoST, nice truck