IHC or djm drop arms differences benefits etc ..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thinking about trying out IHC Drop arms it might be a two in one fix for my worn lca bushings that have caused my camber problems..and wanting to drop differently this time around.

Only difference I see Is IHC offers adjustable caster camber on their uppers and the company is supper nice and explanatory .. djm incorporates all the necessary angle changes into there design to help with camber problems so they state.

Anyone ever use the DJMs offset bushings for additional caster adjustment they offer ? Was that due to a particular pairing of drop arms and coils in your case ?

What’s your take on the two choices if you had to use one or the other for drop arms with 15” wheels on a 255/60 or 275/60

Last edited:

The_Family_Tahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IHC will narrow the track width and provide more clearance for your front tires. The stock front wheel and tire combination on these trucks can interfere with the inner fender lip on full suspension compression. IHC provides more clearance. Also note the IHC offering does not include bump stops. Not sure if DJM has bump stops but a quick image search will show if they do. Be prepared to roll the inner fender lips up if you choose a control arm that uses the stock track width.
Other companies offering a narrowed track width are CPP and Stone Custom Fab.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IHC will narrow the track width and provide more clearance for your front tires. The stock front wheel and tire combination on these trucks can interfere with the inner fender lip on full suspension compression. IHC provides more clearance. Also note the IHC offering does not include bump stops. Not sure if DJM has bump stops but a quick image search will show if they do. Be prepared to roll the inner fender lips up if you choose a control arm that uses the stock track width.
Other companies offering a narrowed track width are CPP and Stone Custom Fab.
I am placing an order this week .. but I did just find out from IHC they’re discontinuing they’re replacement arm bushings in September, no official word if they’ll be back so I suspect if anyone needs a set now’s the time .. they wouldn’t specify and I don’t know if there are any other online lca uca bushings that work with the IHC Arms. I’f anyone knows that answer pass the word, But that could be issue down the line .

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Be prepared to roll the inner fender lips up if you choose a control arm that uses the stock track width.
What do you mean as to why the fender roll ? That would be depending on tire and drop I don’t seen anyone rolling fronts on a 275/60r15 4/6. They have a few Obs dropped trucks on IHC site with that tire combo .
I do plan on a 275/60 or 255/60r15 with my new torque thrusts .
I had my suburban flipped once already on 235/75s they tucked fine.
The front was just a 2” drop so I never figured out if I would beed any extras . This time around I’m going 4” front

The_Family_Tahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What do you mean as to why the fender roll ? That would be depending on tire and drop I don’t seen anyone rolling fronts on a 275/60r15 4/6. They have a few Obs dropped trucks on IHC site with that tire combo .
I do plan on a 275/60 or 255/60r15 with my new torque thrusts .
I had my suburban flipped once already on 235/75s they tucked fine.
The front was just a 2” drop so I never figured out if I would beed any extras . This time around I’m going 4” front
It's not the drop, it's the track width.

The wheel backspace also plays a role in space between the outside front tire and the front fender lip.

In my experience the stock control arm width will allow the stock wheel and tire to contact the front fender lip.
There are ways to avoid contact:

Wheels with higher backspace measurements
Narrowed front control arms
Rolling the front fender lip

Some owners will roll the front fender lip up to minimize tire contact when there is interference due to wider outside track width.

There is a wheel and tire sticky thread where owners state their drop method, wheel & tire combination, and whether they rolled the fenders because of interference. "Wheel spacing info for lowered trucks" under the "lowered-and-bagged-suspension" forum category. Hope this helps.