Ignition system----What caused this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But I agree the rest does look like just too long between tune ups.

Sent from what use to be a great country.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Bring them back and tell the counter person they cause your engine to have a bad miss.... Then get the correct AC Delco plugs. The regular copper style plugs not any platinums. Besides the regular delcos I've have good luck running standard ngk plugs in my chevy motors I've had. But never have had any good luck with any platinum, iridium, or any gimmick plug(e3's, double electrod, triples, etc).

Sent from what use to be a great country.

Its not gimmicky if they work

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Of course nothing can be simple, because I had bought the plugs 3 1/2 hours away because I had some family I went to visit. :nono: OH well, I will try these plugs and see how they perform. I am sure that they will be a bit better than what the old ones had been. While I am it, I MIGHT as well ask before buying about ignition wires! What would you recommend for plug wires? What about maintenance on the ignition control module, and coil? Surely I will also get a fuel filter when I am doing the work to it. Thanks :help:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Get the biggest wire you can agford less ohms the better

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Of course nothing can be simple, because I had bought the plugs 3 1/2 hours away because I had some family I went to visit. :nono: OH well, I will try these plugs and see how they perform. I am sure that they will be a bit better than what the old ones had been. While I am it, I MIGHT as well ask before buying about ignition wires! What would you recommend for plug wires? What about maintenance on the ignition control module, and coil? Surely I will also get a fuel filter when I am doing the work to it. Thanks :help:

I'm having great luck with the Taylor 8mm wires currently on my truck right now, had them for almost 4 years now. I just posted about it a few minutes ago in another thread:

FWIW, I've had mostly good luck with everything AC Delco, *except* their spark plug wires. Glad you went with Taylor wires, that's also what I'm currently running.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will see what my store has, either 8, or the 8.8mm wire. Any advantage of the 8.8 over 8 though on a stock motor?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I will see what my store has, either 8, or the 8.8mm wire. Any advantage of the 8.8 over 8 though on a stock motor?

Probably not any noticable difference imo

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Anything beyond 8mm will just waste your money and potentially cause problems.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, but also have other regards. Any recommended service dates on either the ignition control module, or the ignition coil? If there is anything else that needs to be checked when I am doing these, please let me know.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Alright, but also have other regards. Any recommended service dates on either the ignition control module, or the ignition coil? If there is anything else that needs to be checked when I am doing these, please let me know.

Imo on a stock engine as long as theyre still working no reason to mess with them i replaced a stock coil with an msd one and the msd one went to **** and i put the stock one back on