I need tip for my exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tacobutt

Reaction score
I have a 98 k2500 the exhaust is pretty such screwed. I’d like to just put a whole new system on it but I’m not really sure what I need to do im pretty sure my truck need two cats but I also don’t know if it’s worth it considering the age and Mileage of the vehicle. The truck is very loud should I just straight pipe it and put a few mufflers on it. The current exhaust only has two cherry bombs and one of them isn’t hooked. Any tips would be helpful.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 98 k2500 the exhaust is pretty such screwed. I’d like to just put a whole new system on it but I’m not really sure what I need to do im pretty sure my truck need two cats but I also don’t know if it’s worth it considering the age and Mileage of the vehicle. The truck is very loud should I just straight pipe it and put a few mufflers on it. The current exhaust only has two cherry bombs and one of them isn’t hooked. Any tips would be helpful.
Do you have emissions testing in your area?
Is so, put 2 cats back on.
I'm not 100% but if you have 02 sensors behind the cats, unless you tune them out, you're going to have issues with the engine running like ass.

You can get "cat back " exhaust systems from any speed shop, like Jegs or Summit. Bolt right on up.

Or take it to a place like Midas and let them do their thing.

Tacobutt

Reaction score
I'm not 100% but if you have 02 sensors behind the cats, unless you tune them out, you're going to have issues with the engine running like ass.

You can get "cat back " exhaust systems from any speed shop, like Jegs or Summit. Bolt right on up.

Yes I still have the O2 sensors. For my area they don’t have any emissions testing or inspections.

Tacobutt

Reaction score

Could i just use one cats or would I need 2 to make the engine run properly

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could i just use one cats or would I need 2 to make the engine run properly
How many do you have now?
I suspect there is only one from the factory.
Depends on what kinda system you want to run.
If you wanna stay factory style, then just get one.

Tacobutt

Reaction score
How many do you have now?
I suspect there is only one from the factory.
Depends on what kinda system you want to run.
If you wanna stay factory style, then just get one.
The truck doesn’t have any cats at the moment but I’m running into 2 different systems under 8500gvw and over 8500gvw I’m fairly certain my truck is 8500gvw. I have found cats that’s look like the under 8500 but say over so I’m thinking about rigging something up to make things significantly cheaper

Attachments

• IMG_4864.jpeg
    IMG_4864.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4863.jpeg
    IMG_4863.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 12