I deleted the broken ABS module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Mines a 1991 RCSB and only had the ABS module and valve on the rear brakes. I unplugged it, removed the valve gimmick, and just plumbed the rear brake line right into the proportioning valve where the ABS valve gimmick connected. I did not need an adapter as the line sizes were the same. Some trucks you need an adapter fitting to go from the size of the rear brake line to the size in the proportioning valve.

I'm not so sure that the 1995 is set up the same. It may have 4-wheel ABS, which is completely different.
Well, I unfortunately have the 4WAL on mine. The fittings are all different. I was just trying to see if I could get some of the legwork done before just taking the system apart and then matching it up. Glad yours was that easy! Thanks for the reply.

95 Tahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I unfortunately have the 4WAL on mine. The fittings are all different. I was just trying to see if I could get some of the legwork done before just taking the system apart and then matching it up. Glad yours was that easy! Thanks for the reply.
I do not remember what size fittings were used. I bought a tubing and fitting kit from amazon that I used. I did have to use one adapter on the combination valve. O'reilly has a lot of fittings and adapters but they keep them in the store room.

Someone mentioned the 91 vs 95 ABS systems. I do believe they are different. Mine had the Kelsey Hayes ABS module mounted on the fender. I believe the 91 had the one that hung off the side of the master cylinder.

My brakes work a lot better than they ever did. I do still feel take up is a bit slow in a panic brake but not as bad as before. Brakes engage within the first inch of pedal travel now.