Hub bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This might not work, the larger heads might not play nice with how the cv axle sits on the backside, but I'm not looking at one in front of me either. The proper bolts appear to have a downsized head.
Good point actually, I might try the cheaper ones and see if they work, if not I’ll spend the money lol

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
This might not work, the larger heads might not play nice with how the cv axle sits on the backside, but I'm not looking at one in front of me either. The proper bolts appear to have a downsized head.

A 1/2 ton should have the heads on wheel side, but I'd still be measuring very carefully before using a standard bolt that likely doesn't have the correct shank length, or possibly too large a head to get the correct size socket through the hub.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A 1/2 ton should have the heads on wheel side, but I'd still be measuring very carefully before using a standard bolt that likely doesn't have the correct shank length, or possibly too large a head to get the correct size socket through the hub.
Yeah my truck does have it on the wheel side, I’ll check the bolts again lol.

Will make sure I can get the socket through the hub.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Taking short cuts always seems to end that way. I had the picture in my head wrong , but you don't normally find specialty bolts in a place where normal cap screws would do. Lots of oddball hardware throughout a vehicle.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect these are the 8-lug hub bolts.

Edit:
Confirmed the 917-508 matches for my 95 k2500 suburban. As Caman indicated, 917-507 is for the 1995 k1500.
As you allude to, it's not really a matter of K1500 vs. K2500.

It's a matter of 6-lug vs. 8-lug.

6-lug has three bolts from the wheel side.
8-lug has four bolts from the CV shaft side.